Friday Five : Decisions, decisions.
Over at Rev Gals Sharon writes:
“I am pinch hitting today, my first time, as your Friday Five RevGal. Like the song “The Macarena” was for Los Del Rio, this could very well be a one-hit wonder, so thanks for playing!
Today we play off of one of my favorite and most memorable Friday Fives to blog from: Decisions, Decisions posted by Songbird last July 23. I went back to that post to make sure I had new choices for you to make. I found out — again — that she was then, as I have been recently, in the midst of a discernment process and thinking about what goes into decision making.
A decision from history: There is a chair that still sits in the Assembly Room of the Pennsylvania State House (Independence Hall). Legend has it that it was George Washington’s chair, the back carved with a half sun. Benjamin Franklin would look at it and wonder whether it was a rising or a setting sun. Eventually Franklin decided it was the hopeful symbol of the rising sun, a sign of the future of our new republic.
How do you decide? Check out the following pairs and tell which one of each appeals to you most:”
1) Sunrise or Sunset Definitely sunset for me. I am not a morning person… I like the ease of the day ending, knowing that it is time to let go of the days agenda and to rest. As the New Zealand Prayer Book night prayer says, “What has been done has been done, what has not been done has not been done. Let it be”.
2) To the Mountains or To the Beach. To the beach. Water, sand and a big sky.
3) Coffee or Tea Neither. Except if its herbal or fruity. Then I’m all about the tea. Currently loving “Braeburn Apple and Rhubarb”.
4) Advent or Lent. If it was Christmas or Easter I’d say Easter. But out of Advent and Lent definitely Advent. All that hope and expectation. “The dawn from on high shall break upon us to guide our feet into the way of peace”.
5) “Raindrops on Roses” or “Whiskers on Kittens” Raindrops! Mostly because here they seem to drop the air pollution level by several notches making it safe for me to go to the pool and get some exercise!
What about you?